Monday, March 15, 2010

"Manly Mondays"

Does anyone have a pillow and blanket I can borrow? It has been a busy last two weeks at work with baseball season up and running. This is going on my third year as the Assistant Director of recreation and it just feels like no matter what you do, you can not prepare for the upcoming recreation baseball season. Baseball season is the busiest time with our department and it is a grind with the hours that we put in on a daily basis. I am tired, mentally stressed and could take a nap for about three days if I could. I just can't wait until Tripp can be with me at the park and I can show him off to the world.

Last night was my first meltdown since Tripp was born, where I broke down and cried a litte bit because I just felt like my body and mind hit a brick wall.  I really dont show my emotions to anyone or talk about Tripp's situation to anyone but it got the best of me last night. I have been trying to get myself in a workout routine but with my schedule being everyday, it is hard. I really do think if I can get into a good work out routine that would really help me clear my mind and get some stress out that I keep bundled up sometimes.

Now lets talk about my main man, Tripp. He continues to amaze me with his strength to tackle any road block that tries to get in his way. Like Courtney said in the last blog his eye is getting better and he is opening it more and more. Last week his eyes were hurting him so bad and he could not open them so he was playing with his toys with eyes CLOSED. That to me is amazing because this little guy was hurting so bad but nobody was going to stop him from playing with his toys. Every morning before I go to work I kiss my wife and son on the forehead and I feel like the luckiest person in the WORLD to have those two wonderful people in my life.
See yall next week,  Randy

5 comments:

  1. I don't know how either one of you guys keep going. You guys are doing wonderful with tripp. he is such a cutie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first time reading "Manly Monday". Everyone hits a wall sometimes, I just cant believe it hasnt happened until now!....Tripp is an amazing little man. Praying specifically for rest for you, Randy. Always praying for your amazingly inspiring wife and son. Heather in NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Randy:
    I'm just checking in to see how you are doing. Everyone needs to have a melt down once in awhile, or you can really go nuts. So proud of Courtney and you. I know what you two are going through everyday, and I am praying so hard that Tripp continues to keep on smiling. Give your precious son a kiss for me and please take care of yourself. Give your awesome wife a hug for me. I feel like I know you guys and hopefully one day we can meet. Take care. Love Leah's Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers daily. You are blessed to have each other and I know God will renew your strength!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randy ~ Last summer we sat at the ballpark waiting and watching as Courtney's belly grew... the cutest little mommy I've ever seen! I think about Tripp, Courtney and you more than you are aware. Tonight, today, for some reason more so than usual which lead me to CaringBridge and then to the blog... just heart broken and bawling/squalling reading Courtney's post from today, Tuesday, and now yours from yesterday. I am praying so hard for you and your precious family. God really knew what He was doing when He chose you and Courtney to be little angel Tripp's special mommy and daddy!

    I look forward to spending the summmer with y'all again and will be so happy to see Tripp out at the ballpark!

    With love for all of you,
    ~Lori Tassin
    ... Anthony, Hayden & Hayley too

    ReplyDelete