Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bring on the Pears with Cinnamon and Oatmeal!!!

Tripp ate his first whole container of baby food tonight!!!! Whoo hoo!! (Well, at LEAST 3/4... but maybe a little more than that).  I am so proud.  He ate it all within about an hour and a half!  That's definitely a first for him!!  He would only really eat pears before... but pears with cinnamon and oatmeal is definitely his new fav! 
SEE??


AND he's very neat about it... hardly no mess at all.  SEE? 



And I swear, he's not hiding it in those cheeks.... he really swallowed it!!! :)

There's all kinds of firsts around here-  He was showing off big time in his car today.
He now can sign: more, mommy, dog (pats chest instead of knee), head (he does hat), and can half-way sign "all gone." He pretty much at least tries whatever we ask him.  I'm pretty sure at this point it's going to be something new every day!  
And the "smile" and "muscles" never get old.
He actually "knows" what more means, though-  tonight, without me saying anything- he reached for my plate of beef stew, then signed "more."  Go, Tripp!!  
But he still never does it as cute when I have the camera out.  He is SUCH a ham.  
After his bath is his best show-off time.  He feels SO much better. 
He is like a totally different child before bath than after!



OH, and this may be random... but have I mentioned lately how much I love Tripp's pediatrician, Dr. Defusco??  She got back from vacation today and just called to see how Tripp was doing.
That's a good doctor, if you ask me.  She cares about Tripp so much and goes out of her way often.
And let me not forget Tripp's ENT, Dr. Rodriguez... who gave me her cell and said call me anytime.
Thank you God, for the best doctors Tripp could ask for.
Goodnight :)

Love,
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Proud of that big guy! Way to chow down, Tripp! Guys with lots of muscles need to eat lots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney,
    Thanks for all of the updates lately. My gosh "the little knight" is just adorable. The video's are great!!!!!!!! I've watched them so many times. Tripp is one SMART little boy. You and Randy must be soooo proud of him. The sign language is amazing.
    Take care-

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do have a beautiful baby. I had never heard about EB before, and I came across your blog by accident and I have been praying for your family, and I have been finding myself thinking about Tripp an awful lot here lately. I am very sorry he has to go through what he has to go through, but I know how much your blog has touched me and I bet it has touched many more people too... judging by the number of followers you have, I'm almost certain of it. Give your little angel an extra kiss for me tonight, and thank you SO much for sharing your baby and your story with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Courtney: Too cute. Love that face!!! Never get tired of looking at pics of sweet Tripp. He is just so special and so are you guys. Give him a big hug and kiss for me. Love you guys. Love Leah's Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tripp is such an inspiration. He is such a beautiful and smiling little boy. You are doing a beautiful job as mommy. I wish i had the strength to smile during hard times like Tripp does. ((((hugs)))) and Way to go Tripp!!!


    Warmest wishes,
    Desarei

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet boy you have! I love all the firsts and feel so blessed that you share them with us. My son also loved pears as a baby and sometimes the only way I could get him to try something new was to mixt it up with pears. He still loves pears now and he's 2.5 years old. Have you tried peaches? My daughter loved those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just when I think that child can't get any cuter! He is such a precious boy- those squinchy smiles make me melt every time! And LOVE those muscles! Praying for that sweet boy, and for you and Randy - hope you have a great Wednesday!

    Love from TX!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete